In this article we will explain in detail how to perform a hair straightening with a keratin treatment.
This is a technical article and is therefore primarily intended for professionals in the sector.
All the details on what keratin is, which substances are harmful and which are not and other particular and very useful information have already been described in detail in this article, just click here to read it.
Before starting we would like to specify that there are several products on the market and each one needs its own application technique.
It is therefore not possible for us to generalize the application technique because our goal is to offer a technical procedure that guarantees a 100% result and therefore a smooth finish for your customer for 3 months and more.
We have therefore chosen to focus our technical guide on one of the best natural smoothing products currently on the market, we are talking about PREMIUM produced by NIKA Hair Beauty Excellence®.
APPLICATION TECHNIQUE FOR OBTAINING SMOOTH HAIR FOR 3 MONTHS AND MORE
NIKA – ONE WASH
Pre-treatment necessary to prepare the hair and open the cuticles, allowing greater penetration of keratin. Detailed information on the products on our dedicated article click here.
NIKA – PREMIUM
Professional smoothing treatment with keratin AMINO BOND COMPLEX.
NIKA – HAIR CARE SPECIFICO
Moisture Lock Shampoo, Conditioner and Masque with AMINO BOND COMPLEX, to be used as post-treatment products at home and in the salon.
NIKA – EXTENDER
Thermoactive treatment, he completes and extends the FAIRY SILK treatments (read the dedicated article here)
NIKA – SHIMMER
Moisturizing oil to protect and brighten.
WHAT DO YOU NEED:
- Hair straightener
- Wash your hair using ONE WASH and dry
- Use a hair dryer and the brush to dry the hair up to 80% without giving volume
2 APPLICAZIONE PREMIUM
1 pumping 3,5 ML
- Section hair and put on protective gloves
- Short hair: 8 pumped (28 ml)
- Medium hair: 12 pumped (42 ml)
- Long hair: 20 pumped (70 ml)
- In case of thick or porous hair, add up to the required amount.
- Apply the treatment with a brush on fine sections (about 2 cm wide) starting from the nape for 6 cm starting from the root and continuing at the same distance up to the tips.
- Massage and comb with a fine-toothed comb no less than 10 times, without removing excess product.
3 LAYING TIMES
- 15 MINUTES for bleached, white and sensitized hair
- 24 MINUTES for colored and chemically treated hair
- 45 MINUTES for natural, sensitized, natural fine, resistant, afro hair.
- The shutter speed must be calculated once the application is completed. It is advisable to comb the straight hair frequently during the time of laying
- Dry 100% with phone and brush
- Pass the plate over transparent strands (about 2 cm wide)
- 185°C / 370°F: 6/8 6/8 passages on bleached, white and very sensitized hair
- 215°C / 420°F: 8/10 passages on bleached and chemically treated hair.
- 230°C / 450°F: 10/12 passages on natural, sensitized, natural, fine, resistant and afro hair.
- Wait 15 minutes to cool the hair, before proceeding with washing and final drying.
6 HYDRATION AND FINAL DRYING
- Wash with Moisture Lock Shampoo and rinse
- For chemically treated hair: apply Moisture Lock Conditioner;
- For resistant hair: apply Enhancer Masque.
- Leave on for 5 minutes then rinse.
- Apply EXTENDER and proceed with the final drying.
- Seal with SHIMMER
Together with the Trainer NIKA Luca Frangione we discover the method of application of the Fairy Silk Premium product in the SILKY SMOOTH service. Improved formula, improved performance and fortified with AMINO BOND COMPLEX, gives a sublime smooth effect for over 3 months.
If you are a professional and would like more information, you can contact the HAIR SWISS editorial office
If you are an end customer and you want to know which NIKA salon is closest to you, contact us.
Further updates will be published in this article subscribe to the newsletter or save this article in your favorites to be always updated.